Electronic Concepts is a manufacturer of Film Capacitors with its European Headquarters located in Galway, Ireland. They have just launched a new series of DC "Link" High Current Film Capacitors specifically targeting the ever expanding Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicle Market.
The key characteristics of the product range include:
• The capacitance values range from 500µF to 1,000µF
• The voltage range for the product line is 450VDC to 1,000VDC
• The capacitors have been designed to be capable of operating up to 200 A (RMS)
• The maximum hotspot temperature is 110°C
• The maximum non-operating temperature for the capacitors is 125°C
• The self inductance of the capacitors is as low as 10nH
• The life expectance for the product line has been calculated to be > 15,000 hours
The range of Capacitors has been designed to be compatible with the most commonly used IGBT-Modules in production today. The compact designs allow for maximum volumetric efficiency and ease of mounting to the IGBT-Module.
In addition to the standard product range, Electronic Concepts still offer customised solutions on specific request. Electronic Concepts Design Engineers endeavour to provide solutions and technical support to all current and potential customers.
Electronic Concepts offers the electronic industry a unique combination of resources: vertically integrated manufacturing; modern automated production; broad engineering expertise that results in capacitor designs that sets the industry standard – and flexibility to handle any capacitor requirement, with a commitment to quality and service.